1999 xj build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 xj build

I bought a 1999 jeep Cherokee with A 4.5" rough country lift and 217,000 miles. I have been driving it on and off for 2 years now and have decided to go all out and do a build. I have another 99 Cherokee to donate some parts and the engine. my plan is to add a 5.5" Rubicon express super flex lift kit and 35's. I'm still undecided for what I want to do to the engine (maybe 4.6 stroker). I heard bad things about titan motors, any suggestions? I got the engine out of the donor jeep and plan to break into that soon. This is my first 4.0 engine build so any tips or comments would be helpful.
    Last edited by cherokee-addict; 04-13-2015, 01:23 PM.

Re: 1999 xj build

jeep body.jpgjeep engine.jpg The donor jeep is now an empty shell and the engine is ready to be put on the stand. a lot of delays due to other projects. the new rockers will be on the jeep hopefully in the next week.

Comment

here is a few pictures of my jeep before I started the build. and a picture of the project hogging up my jeep time.my jeep front and side.jpgmy jeep side.jpgmustang engine.jpg

Comment

not many updates in the last month but there is some progress. the rockers are almost finished, I will add some pics after I paint it. im going to pick up a set of 5 33X12.5 Baja mtz today for $800. im also looking for a decent rear tire carrier/bumper to hold my spare.

Comment

There is always something that sets us back, it seems. Any thoughts on a roof rack to hold the spare? Just curious, I have seen a handful of them on cherokees and they look pretty good. Keep us posted, I love to see pics of builds
          ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Wayne Was Here... Thanks for stopping by, Wayne

Comment

I have never been a huge fan of the roof racks on Cherokee's. but finding a decent rear bumper with a tire carrier is proven to be a little tricky. maybe i'm just to picky.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being picky, it's your rig! You have to do what you like and what works best for you
              ForbiddenJeeps Admin 2015 JKU - Hydro Blue ~ Toyo A/T ~ Fuel Full Blown Wheels ~ Wurx Offroad Front and Rear Bumper ~ M.O.R.E. Oil pan/tranny skid ~ Rampage Tail Light Guards ~ Surprise Straps ~ Jeep seat covers, slush mats (front and rear) & cargo mat

Comment

FINALLY, the rockers are on. The passenger side still had some good metal on top, but the driver side needed to be cut higher up.
                jeep drivers rocker.jpgjeep passenger rocker 2.jpg

Comment

I bought the Baja mtz's off craigslist and found a decent set of eagle alloys. sadly the series i bought is discontinued so i cant order a spare. the backspacing is 3-5/8. tires are 33X12.5X15 with 20/32 tread left.
                  jeep new tires 1.jpgjeep rim top.jpg

Comment

I also ordered a set of bumpers, they will be here about mid next week. i went with the rough country stinger bumper with d-rings for the front, and the nates 4x4 bumper with d-rings for the rear . im gonna fab my own tire carrier that can be unbolted from the d-rings. hopefully i will have pictures next week.

Comment

Sounds like you are moving right along! I'll be looking forward to more pics

Comment

jeep new 2.jpg got the rockers painted and the tires are on. Front bumper should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Beefy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
                            07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

jeep paint 1.jpgjeep paint 2.jpgjeep paint 3.jpgjeep paint 5.jpgjeep paint 6.jpgpainted the faded trim pieces and the wheel wells. Im surprised at how well it came out for being spray can. I used krylon flat enamel.

Comment

Working...
                              X