No announcement yet.

05 WK Build, Stella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me start off by saying dropping the Y-pipe was the wrong way to go. If I had a manual it would have told me to take off the intake manifolds and hook a cherry picker up to the engine remove the motor mount bolts and lift the motor a few inches then drop the pan. Well since I had a great shot at the motor mount bolts from underneath I did it that way and bypassed removing the intake manifolds. Turned out not too be so bad.

Even managed to get some ride time on my bike!

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Stella
    2005 WK
    4.7L V8
    4" SuperLift
    285/70/17 ProComp Extreme MT2
    Method "Mesh" wheels 17x8.5 w/4.75" backspace
    AFE CAI
    MBRP XP Cat Back
    Yitamotor 52" Light bar
    Steel Armadillo Mounts
    Spyder Halo/Led headlights

Comment

Heard back from super lift today.

"We reviewed the pictures and prints and feel that the knuckle you received would most likely work fine, the variance is probably due to a draw of the casting, but we would rather just supply you with a different knuckle for this install."

Glad to know they're sending me a new one. Just a nice piece of mind to have with a project of this size and cost. I'm going to get started on the rear tonight while I wait to finish the front.
      Stella
      2005 WK
      4.7L V8
      4" SuperLift
      AFE CAI
      MBRP XP Cat Back
      Yitamotor 52" Light bar
      Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Good job, it's coming together!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

Thanks Glen! This project is taking me longer than I wanted but its fun, (Kinda LOL)

Well I Decided to get a jump on the rear since Im at a stalemate with the front. Bracket for front driveshaft clearance still needs welded in. Passenger lower control arm still wont come off waiting on torches, and driver side cv still wont budge. Im gonna crack the front diff open tonight to see if i can see anything. And Im waiting for my new knuckle from Superlift.

While taking apart the rear I noticed the pads are wore pretty uneven so looks like I need new calipers and slides to go along with my new pads and rotors. At least I wont have to worry about stuff for awhile when its done.

But so far on the rear sway bar is unhooked and springs and shocks are out. Gonna start swaping control arms tonight and adding the drop brackets.

I really wish I had a hoist.

Oh here are some pictures from my pinch weld mod that I did for tire clearance. For the inner fender Im going to try and use a heat gun to melt and form the buldge inwards.

Stella
          2005 WK
          4.7L V8
          4" SuperLift
          AFE CAI
          MBRP XP Cat Back
          Yitamotor 52" Light bar
          Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Sunday Funday! Rear's Done! Took me all day/night a couple of broken drill bits and some patience to do it but hard work pays off.

Todays progress

Rear upper control arm brackets-
            Had to drill 6 new holes for bolts, 3 on each control arm mount, for the new brackets. One of their holes were off at the factory control arm location and I had to oblong it.

Trac bar bracket-
            Like one of the control arm brackets One of the holes on the factory mount didnt line up with their trac bar bracket so I had to drill a new hole. Also had to drill 1 hole in the factory mount for an additional bolt.

Brake line relocation brackets.
            Pretty straight forward although I didnt like the fact I had to bend some brake lines, sketchy business there.

Installed the Superlift rear shocks for now till I get some Bilsteins.

New calipers, pads and rotors for the rear and took rear sway bar out.

Got the tires bolted up and set back back down and did a little mock up for the front. I cant wait to drive it again. I love my bike but I need the Jeep back lol.

Stella
            2005 WK
            4.7L V8
            4" SuperLift
            AFE CAI
            MBRP XP Cat Back
            Yitamotor 52" Light bar
            Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

She's growing up! Looking very nice David. Nice work!
              07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

Thank you Glen, Im impressed with myself on this project so far being my first build. Should be done before the end of the week with the rest. Getting excited!

Once the lift is done I have to take it in to a dealer and get it aligned and fix my no 4lo issue. I guess there was a recall on the 05 WKs for the tcase shifting into neutral. Well apparently after the dealer fix it dissables 4lo, in some cases, unless you did the fuse trick, which only works temporarily. The dealer came out with a reflash update to fix the issue and Im hopeing thats what she needs.

Stella
                2005 WK
                4.7L V8
                4" SuperLift
                AFE CAI
                MBRP XP Cat Back
                Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Last weekend I had a Friend come weld the front driveshaft clearance bracket in for me since our welder wasnt big enough. He also helped get the stuck drivers cv shaft out.

Last night I Got the drop brackets in and front diff hung back up.

Tonight I gotta work on replacing ball joints and bushings in the lower controls arms, then tie rods and I can really start putting it together. So close yet so far.

Stella
                  2005 WK
                  4.7L V8
                  4" SuperLift
                  AFE CAI
                  MBRP XP Cat Back
                  Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                  Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Almost done! Should be finished Monday night just waiting on a lower strut bushing for the driver side.

Yesterday I was able to get lower ball joint and bushing changed on the passenger control arm and put on the Jeep. Got the strut and lift spacer in, new knuckle is on and new pads and rotors on. Just need to finish brake line relocation and sway bar link on that side.

My "little" helper Diesel

Stella
                    2005 WK
                    4.7L V8
                    4" SuperLift
                    AFE CAI
                    MBRP XP Cat Back
                    Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                    Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Shes finally done!

Well sorta I have to bleed the rear brakes and install the EGR Module, but that's easy peasy compared to what I've been thru the past few weeks.

Today I picked up a new bolt for the Drivers side lower strut mount to control arm got that installed. Knuckle on, new pads and rotor. Bent some line and relocated the brake line brackets. Its amazing at what a lift and tires can do to a Jeep. Huge difference, now just to schedule an apointment for an alignment so i can start driving it!

Overall installing the lift was a pain in my a** but so worth it. Saved me a ton of money and it was a great learning experience. You dont have to be a Super Mechanic just need some basic knowledge and some common sense. Instructions helped a ton in most cases.

I swear the hardest part about finishing up tonight was figuring out what push tab went where in the inner fenders. I still don't think I got it right haha. But heres the rest of the build pics from yesterday and today.

3 weeks of wrenching can really mess a garage up. I need a tool cart bad. Gonna take me 3 weeks to clean.

Till the next mod my friends!

Stella
                      2005 WK
                      4.7L V8
                      4" SuperLift
                      AFE CAI
                      MBRP XP Cat Back
                      Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                      Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Got Stella back from the dealer yesterday. Had two recalls done one apparentely for the ignition lock cylinder and then one for my 4 lo isssue, the final drive control module flash. Also had some other flashes and uodates done since it was in, sunroof and powertrain control modules. Drives amazing and my 4 lo works! So excited for my trip to Drummond Island at the end of the month.

Stella
                        2005 WK
                        4.7L V8
                        4" SuperLift
                        AFE CAI
                        MBRP XP Cat Back
                        Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                        Steel Armadillo Mounts

Comment

Looks good! Can't wait to hear how it performs for you!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey peeps its been a while. Jeeps been doing me awesome so far although I need to replace my driveshafts soon because U-joints are bad in both shafts and they're non-serviceable. Other than that everything's holding up well.

Jeep just got an upgrade this past weekend because of a little run in with a deer a couple months ago. Definitely glad it worked out as I was able to get rid of the chinsy 4xguard brush guard. Much happier with my bumper from Logans Metal Products. Alot more metal and protection for only a couple hundred more bucks.

Stella
                            2005 WK
                            4.7L V8
                            4" SuperLift
                            AFE CAI
                            MBRP XP Cat Back
                            Yitamotor 52" Light bar
                            Steel Armadillo Mounts