Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

I just put together a Bomber Kit with Traxxas TQi Bluetooth Tx/Rx, a Castle Mamba Monster X, a sensored Tekin 3000kv Pro4HD and Spektrum Servos. I also dropped in the Axial 2-speed and metal steering horn.

I still have a couple issues to work out but I've already started scratching it up :thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The issues to work out are:

1. forward and reverse were switched. After reversing the channel, reverse seems quicker than forward and the brake works on reverse instead of forward.

2. I can't adjust endpoints on my 3rd channel full throw on the servo is 90. It looks i only need about 35 of travel.

I have to research a bit more on the Mamba Monster X to see If I can reverse the channel at the esc so that the brake works correctly.

For the 2-speed's channel 3 servo, if I can't set that endpoint, i may have to use a rod/spring/collar setup like a nitro car.

Most of the fun is in getting there...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw this. Haha. RC section has been dead lately.

For the shift servo, being able to set the endpoints on the high and low of a servos travel is essential. I am not familiar with the TQi so I don't know if it is possible to set.

The Mamba X uses the Castle Link software to program it. A castle link USB interface is 20 bucks and allows you to program Castle ESCs, BECs and the Axial Vanguard and AE2 ESCs( Castle based.) From there you can adjust reversing, drag brake, throttle curves, etc.
      O2 KJ-R
      2.5 OME LIFT, JCR sliders, GY Duratracs on Moabs, JBA Gen 4.5 A Arms, Yaesu VHF and 18" whip, Plasti Dip, Camo,

[COLOR=#00ff00]Resident Forbidden RC nut
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#999999]Sliver State[/COLOR]

Comment

Badass setup. You ever get your esc reversed? I just picked up an scx10 Deadbolt earlier this year and its come along way. Hoping to get a bomber kit soon and do a similar build to yours.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Stella
        2005 WK
        4.7L V8
        4" SuperLift
        285/70/17 ProComp Extreme MT2
        Method "Mesh" wheels 17x8.5 w/4.75" backspace
        AFE CAI
        MBRP XP Cat Back
        Yitamotor 52" Light bar
        Steel Armadillo Mounts
        Spyder Halo/Led headlights