Rubicon OE lockers in 4high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon OE lockers in 4high

I have been told there is a way to program the lockers to run in 4high. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Why would you want to?
    it's my X

Comment

Small roads with New England snow for example.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
        I have been told there is a way to program the lockers to run in 4high. Can anyone shed some light on this?
        Google "Jeep Locker Mod" and you'll find detailed instructions on this mod. Basically:

Using separate switches tapped to the locker relays (located on the fender side, behind the battery). This allows the lockers to be enabled in 2wd, 4hi, 4lo. When you turn off these switches, the normal rubi switches still work normally.

Locate the locker relays next to the battery, violet wire with green stripe is rear locker; violet with blue stripe is front locker. These wires are wired to separate switches. The other side of the switch terminal is grounded.

Here are the relays...

Comment

A Superchips programmer will enable this functionality too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          [COLOR=#f26927]Toxic Crush Build + Adventures[/COLOR]

Comment

There are a few ways to do it like mentioned. We have wired them up to a separate switch source (like an sPod), or you can use a superchips programmer. My favorite option is the trail dash, as you can activate them on the screen.
            360-340-0282

We own Jeeps

04 TJ
            07 JK 2 Door
            08 JK 4 Door Rubicon 5.7L Hemi
            2013 JKU Rubicon Gecko
            2013 JKU Rubicon Billet

[COLOR=red]FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $100[/COLOR]
            www.Northridge4x4.com

[COLOR=Yellow]LIKE US ON FACEBOOK[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FFFF00]SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Northridge4x4
              There are a few ways to do it like mentioned. We have wired them up to a separate switch source (like an sPod), or you can use a superchips programmer. My favorite option is the trail dash, as you can activate them on the screen.
              The Trail Dash is awesome. Good suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              it's my X

Comment

Just a note from experience, lockers are good at low speeds and on loose surfaces...but the opposite is correct for slick, icy roads at 4H speeds. Locking your diffs at speeds over 15mph in 4h on ice will actually reduce how well you can control your jeep, it breaks the traction for 2 of your 4 wheels when going around a corner on slick surfaces. I'm cautioning you extremely. It may give you the feeling of confidence, but in reality its much more dangerous. Save the lockers for getting out of a rut and getting out of the trails.
                Russ
                Forbiddenjeeps Northeast USA Moderator
                Founder/Administrator at LIW (Long Island Wheelers)
                Auto Mechanic

'04 WJ 4.0L, Selec-Trac, Goodyear Duratrac 225/70R16-----'80 MG B-Series Roadster, Resto-mod, General Altimax
                ***RIP*** ----- *Cause of Death*
                '06 TJR "Fangul" 4"Custom lift, General Grabber A/T-2 33x12.5R15 ----- Tree/Back Ice

Comment

Working...
                X