Tj tranny problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj tranny problem

So I put a new centerforce clutch in. And now my tranny is popping out of fifth gear. It's a 2001 with the 4.0. I don't know what would of caused this. Please help!!

I'm thinking the shifter probably got out of adjustment and just isnt able to shift all the way into 5th gear. Should be pretty simple to adjust.
    07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

Can you adjust those though? It pretty much just sits down in there right?

Comment

I haven't had a manual TJ shifter off personally. Most manual shifters can be adjusted by loosening the shifter and putting it in 5th gear and tightening it again. I apoligise if the TJ is different. There has to be a way to adjust it tho.
        07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

I'll give that a try. I haven't had many shifters off besides this one. It's pretty much got a round piece on the end that goes in the tranny and rides on two plastic round pieces. Thanks for the idea. I'll see what happens

Comment

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I put it in 5th and tightened down the plate that holds the shifter. No luck there. It's almost like it's vibrating right out. I'm going to call a transmission shop tomorrow and see what they say

Comment

Working...
              X