Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinker fluid and related parts and issues

Mis. Issues such as exhaust bearings
    NO COFFEE?!!! [COLOR=#ffffff](╯ಠ_ಠ)╯[/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]︵[/COLOR] [COLOR=#8b4513]┻━┻[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b4513]
    [/COLOR]
    1990 YJ
    4.2L
    Webber 38 DGEV Carb
    33" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tires
    4" Rough Country Spring Lift
    1 1/4" Daystar Poly-Bushing Shackle Lift
    Russel Brake line Extention
    Rugged Ridge Extended HD Drag Link System
    Corbeau LG1 Seats
    Corbeau 4 PT retractable harness
    48" Highlift
    Smittybuilt 8,000 lb winch
    KC 6" round lights
    Alcoa Rims
    Custom D-ring bumper ( home made)
    Hurculied floor and hood/grill/fenders

Re: Blinker fluid and related parts and issues

Camp....i was told that using graphite is the best way to keep these bearing properly lubed because the exhaust
    Has a tenancy of drying them out prematurely. Have you had any issues or what do you use

Comment

If you go through a mud pit at a graphite mine, you never have to worry about lubrication again.
      World's first Jillys (JK modified to resemble a Willys Wagon)
      ASFIR diff covers and skid plates
      ASFIR winch mount with hitch reciever for moveable winch
      Remote Start, Heated Seats, Rear Heater (for winter)
      PureJeep front flat fenders

Comment

Anyone ever have to replace a piston return spring on the Trail? Just wondering if I filled the johnson rod pocket with blinker fluid from the reservoir, would it work like a hydrolic spring, or would I risk rupturing the inner bladder of the Johson recepticle?
        07 JKUR,Currie lift w/Antirocks,Ultimate Dana 60's front and rear,Teraflex master cylinder,40"Toyo's on Level 8 Strike 8 wheels with Monster valves,Premier Power Welder,Pure Jeep rock rails,Expedition One rear bumper,customized Body Armor front bumper,Adam's 1350 driveshafts,M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid,20lb Co2,custom steel trunk enclosure,Warn X8000i,TrekArmor seat covers,Alien 20" LED bar and much...much more!

Comment

I havent heard much about muffler bearings going bad, but i my particular jeep requires 2 transmissions. Apparently transmissions improve fuel economy? I saved by not getting a reverse function.
          Russ
          Forbiddenjeeps Northeast USA Moderator
          Founder/Administrator at LIW (Long Island Wheelers)
          Auto Mechanic

'04 WJ 4.0L, Selec-Trac, Goodyear Duratrac 225/70R16-----'80 MG B-Series Roadster, Resto-mod, General Altimax
          ***RIP*** ----- *Cause of Death*
          '06 TJR "Fangul" 4"Custom lift, General Grabber A/T-2 33x12.5R15 ----- Tree/Back Ice

Comment

Muffler bearings take a beating but the kanuter valvle wears out quick if not lubed with fur oil. And you have to constantly check the radiator cap on you Corvair, as they go bad ALOT! Also DO NOT forget your coolant constant velocity valve retainer and most important lug nut retaining springs!!!

Comment

Forgot to mention I readjusted the nover trunion springs on the whizz spigot valves in the flux capacitor. It only took two minutes but now I can go above 88mph without my tires switching positions!
              Russ
              Forbiddenjeeps Northeast USA Moderator
              Founder/Administrator at LIW (Long Island Wheelers)
              Auto Mechanic

'04 WJ 4.0L, Selec-Trac, Goodyear Duratrac 225/70R16-----'80 MG B-Series Roadster, Resto-mod, General Altimax
              ***RIP*** ----- *Cause of Death*
              '06 TJR "Fangul" 4"Custom lift, General Grabber A/T-2 33x12.5R15 ----- Tree/Back Ice

Comment

My TJ has a full race ashtray!
                [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial black][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FFD700][FONT=arial black]No Matter where you go, there you are. Amazing, isn't it?
                [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial black]'02 TJ, 4.0L w/Banks PowerPack System, AT, 33x12.5x15 tires, 2.5" suspension lift, Skyjacker Dually Steering Stabilizer, Air Lifts, custom roof rack, and other mods..[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

While throwing on my wheel spacers I noticed my kanukanuke seal leaking exhaust fluid. Got a new seal in, good to go!
                  02 TJ Sport, 6" Rough Country springs, Clayton LA's, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 35" Yoko Geolandars, American Racing Predator Teflon, SniperFab Tube Fenders and Rock Sliders, RockHard Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, Olympic 4x4 Front Bumper/Stinger...

Comment

I've been considering adding a wing on the roll cage to give me more traction in mud. How big should I go? Should it be aluminum or really heavy steel so it could act as a skid plate if I were upside down?
                    2015 JKU Hydro Blue Rubicon. Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor, Prorock44, V Tec Rage wheels, 325/65/18 Duratracs.

Comment

You need to run a bi-level wing for best results in the mud. Also, a carbon fibre one will add some more HP in the rocks

Sent from a rock
                      O2 KJ-R
                      2.5 OME LIFT, JCR sliders, GY Duratracs on Moabs, JBA Gen 4.5 A Arms, Yaesu VHF and 18" whip, Plasti Dip, Camo,

[COLOR=#00ff00]Resident Forbidden RC nut
                      [/COLOR][COLOR=#999999]Sliver State[/COLOR]

Comment

Does any of you know where I can get a heavy duty viscous clutch wire for the reverse gear on my auto gearbox?

Comment

Camp, my blinker fluid had metal flakes in it last time I changed it. I checked the pre-load in the pinon bearing for the light socket and it was too tight, but could not re-shim it to spec. Do I need a new socket, a new crush sleeve or do you have some other ideas ?
                          please like us at www.facebook.com/crawlingforacure
                          "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now." -Elwood Blues

Comment

Working...
                          X